I’m on the mend! I’ve had some time to think about what I want my last solo post in 2019 to be. I haven’t watched a ton of movies or TV shows this year so I am going to do a Top 7 list. These are 7 things that I really, really enjoyed in 2019. Hopefully it’s something we share in common or something you can look into!
Next week, Ryan and I will be back with our last d20 list of the year which I’m assuming will be some sort of “Best Games” or “Favorite Games” list.
Anyway, on to the list!
- Simple Games: With my daughter getting older and more independent, I continued to grow an appreciation for games with a simple rule set and a short play time.
- World of Warcraft: I had never played World of Warcraft prior to this year, but with the (re?) release of Classic, I decided to jump in based upon the thoughts of one of my friends, a long time player. I’ve loved it, and I think it’s something I’ll continue to do in the year to come.
- James Bond: I have loved James Bond since I was a kid. With the announcement and trailer of “No Time to Die” and the release of the Legendary version of James Bond, my wife and I have been revisiting the series from the beginning.
- Bourbon: Bourbon has continued to be a favorite drink of mine, and this year was no different. I discovered Japanese Whisky and managed to buy my first bottle of Buffalo Trace, both of which have been delightful.
- Nintendo Switch: I’ve had my Switch for over a year now, and this year was the best yet for games. From Fire Emblem to Pokemon to Link’s Awakening, I really enjoyed getting lost in other worlds just as much as I enjoyed playing board games.
- Train Games: 2019 was the year I discovered train games like 1889, Age of Steam, Brass, and Paris Connection. This is wholly thanks to Edward over at Heavy Cardboard, but I’m excited to get these games to the table and explore them in 2020.
- Critical Role: In 2019, I became a full blown #Critter. I still don’t watch the live shows, but anytime I need something to distract me, I’m probably watching episodes from Campaign 1 (Currently on Episode 50). This lets me get my DnD fix since my normal group doesn’t meet as often as I’m sure we all would like to.
There you have it. My 7 favorite things in 2019. Is there anything here that’s on your list as well? Let me know in the comments below!